The House system at ANS was set up to enhance the sense of community and teamwork within the school. It encourages healthy competition amongst students; participation in sporting events like sports days and helps promotes leadership qualities. Students are assigned to one of four houses when they begin school and stay in the same house until they leave.
Students can earn points for their house by participating in various sporting events throughout the year including Sports Day, Sports Season and Swimming Competitions. In the classroom environment, and around the school, students can gain house points for displaying positive behaviour, including completing work well, going out of their way to help others and showing initiative.
Each house has a flag and is represented by a different colour, animal and set of morals:
Dehjo House (Red)
Dehjo is represented by a Lion with the golden rule, ‘Do work hard’. Dehjo students are encouraged to be hardworking, think ahead, and show determination through the following morals:
• Set goals for educational success.
• Be hard-working, diligent, and persistent to learn.
• Never stop or give up for difficulties.
• Be responsible for duties and assignments.
Whayu House (Yellow)
Whayu is represented by an Eagle with the golden rule, ‘Do be kind and helpful.’ Whayu students are encouraged to be friendly, and disciplined through the following morals:
• Be considerate and sympathetic towards others.
• Serve others and the community.
• Be generous and learn how to give to others.
• Be in unity and work as part of a team to achieve group success.
Nadhi House (Blue)
Nadhi is represented by a Whale Shark with the golden rule, ‘Do be honest’. Nadhi students are encouraged to be Ethical, intellectual, and honest through the following morals:
• Be loyal to the nation, religion and the King
• Adhere to the truth and justice
• Love self and school’s honour
• Be sincere to others.
Padhavi House (Green)
Padhavi is represented by a bull with the golden rule, ‘Save the world.’ Padhavi students are encouraged to be brave, knowledgeable and take care of nature through the following morals:
• Help take care of property.
• Save electricity, water and resources.
• Reduce rubbish and pollution.
• Encourage recycling and environmental conservation.