At ANS Global Citizenship is at the heart of our Guiding Statements and this is reflected in the programme that we offer to students. Students are nurtured and guided and encouraged to develop a sense and understanding of International Mindedness.
International Mindedness can be expressed as:
- The ability to be better prepared for the 21st century global challenges
- Understanding ourselves to connect with others
- Awareness that the world is much larger the community in which we live
- Respect and understanding for other perspectives, cultures and languages
- The ability to see oneself as a responsible member of the community and a global citizen.
The development of Global Citizenship skills in the Foundation and Primary phases has been integrated into the curriculum. The introduction of the Global Perspectives curriculum at Key Stage 3, the IGCSE in Key Stage 4 and the A-level Global Perspectives syllabus in Key Stage 5 will ensure progression. These programmes encourage students to become active, compassion and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences can also be right.