We are Leaders
‘We are Leaders’ is a central Mission of Amnuay Silpa. We recognise that today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders. The world is constantly changing and the global opportunities that our students will enjoy will require them to apply a different set of skills. Empowering students with the ability to become young adults who can ask and respond to difficult questions, manage conflict and resolution, both locally and on an international scale, show acceptance and understanding of an increasingly diverse population, along with a range of many other valuable attributes, will require strong leadership skills. It is these skills that are at the centre of our programme.
Our holistic programme focusses on the development of:
- Communication Skills. This includes cooperation, problem-solving and listening skills. In addition, students learn how to deal with conflict situations.
- Social Awareness Skills. Students learn how to consider other people’s opinions and show empathy.
- Emotional Management Skills. The students learn how to manage stress and motivate themselves to work towards particular goals.
- Self-Awareness Skills. Throughout the process of collaborating, students learn how to identify and express their own feelings.
- Decision-Making Skills. When students work in a group, they have to make reasonable choices that everyone agrees with.
Students in the Secondary School are encouraged to apply their leadership skills through participation in the Student Council, Peer Mentoring and Work Experience Programmes. The Year 12 project entitled ‘Leadership’ also provides the opportunity for students to work more independently in leading a project within a meaningful and purposeful context that centres around our charity work with United World Schools.